Keeping a cat as a pet is fun. However, one of the cat’s habits is to often mark the area with urine, even though they do not hesitate to urinate on your home furnishings such as carpets. If not removed immediately, this urine odor will continue to linger and get worse over time. Therefore, we need a surefire way to get rid of the smell of cat urine on the carpet and immediately call the carpet cleaning st ives service.
1. Trace the source of the odor. Given that carpet absorbs water quickly, you should immediately find the source of the smell of urine on the carpet. Moreover, cats like to urinate in the same place so that it has the potential to leave an odor that is difficult to get rid of.
3. Use paper towels or rags. You’ll want to absorb as much cat litter as possible from the carpet. If you have a wet vacuum extractor, feel free to use it in a cold setting. Do not rub the carpet, it will only make the cat urinate more and more often than before. And don’t use steam cleaners, as heat can make the smell of cat urine more difficult to remove.
3. Clean with an enzymatic cleaner. This type of cleaner uses special enzymes to remove stubborn stains and can be found at pet stores. If you can’t find one, make your at-home cleaner by combining vinegar (white or apple cider) and water in a 1:1 ratio. Since vinegar is acidic, it will neutralize the bacteria in your cat’s urine, eliminating the smell.
Allow the solution to sit on your carpet for 3-5 minutes or carefully follow the directions on the cleaning product label. This step is important because cats like to urinate in the same place. So hopefully, by cleaning thoroughly he will forget to have marked the place.
4. Clean with a towel and cold water. Using a damp towel (remember, cold water!), remove the enzymatic cleaner from the carpet. Sprinkle baking soda and let it sit for about an hour before vacuuming it off the carpet. This method can help neutralize the smell of cat urine.
5. Freshen the room. For added freshness, try using a clothes or room deodorizer when it’s completely dry.
Spotless Carpet Cleaning North Shore
1-5 Lynbara Ave, St Ives NSW 2075
(02) 8607 8811